It’s been a busy and somewhat stressful month for your resident HTC sweet thing wizard, (yes, that is the title I am going by) so when the going gets tough and you’ve places to be, the last thing most of us want to do is spend hours in the kitchen using every pot and pan you own to create some kind of culinary perfection. No, you want something easy that still looks impressive and, in my case, ridiculously chocolatey.
It should come as no surprise then that this post is an ode to the little balls of moreish joy that are chocolate truffles. Seriously, I do tend to pass judgement on anyone who turns their nose up at these little wonders.
The addition of the chilli gives these guys a lovely warming kick without needing to reach for a glass of water – although if you’re not a fan of the sweet and spicy combo then they work just as well without. The great thing about truffles is you can get really creative with what you add to them.
So without further ado, here are my chilli chocolate truffles. Enjoy!
- 300g good quality dark chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- 25g butter
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Place a bowl into a saucepan filled with a little boiling water. Break your chocolate into the bowl and stir until melted.
- In another saucepan, heat the cream and butter until the cream just starts to boil and the butter is fully melted. Pour the mix into the bowl with the chocolate and stir until fully combined.
- Add your chilli powder to the mix and stir thoroughly. I used 1/4 tsp of the chilli powder for a nice warming result but if you want a real kick then go for the 1/2 tsp.
- Place the mix into the fridge for 1 1/2 hours or until set.
- Place your cocoa powder into another bowl.
- Use a teaspoon (or melon-baller if you're fancy) scoop out the mix and roll into little balls using your hands before rolling them into the powder for an even coating.
- Put the balls on a tray then back into the fridge for another 30 minutes and then they're ready to go!
Join our tribe
We promise to pop a whole host of good stuff into your inbox every Wednesday to brighten up your week. Can't say fairer than that now can we?