Feeling a bit worse for wear after a night on the tiles? (And by tiles, you know I mean Jägerbombs). I can cure what ails you. Everyone has their patented hangover cure, and this is mine. Fiery tomato sauce. Dippy baked eggs. Melted cheese. Crusty bread. The combination of these things will restore your body and your soul. Combine with coffee and orange juice for best results.
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or finely grated
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 big squidge tomato paste
- salt & pepper
- dried chilli flakes, to taste (I used a small pinch)
- 1 egg
- grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and fry gently for a minute or two, until softened but not browned.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, seasoning and chilli flakes and heat for 3-5 minutes until thickened. Taste and adjust flavours as necessary.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish and crack an egg on the top. Cover in grated parmesan.
- Pop in the oven for 8-12 minutes until the egg is cooked but the yolk is still runny.
- Serve with slices of crusty bread.
Join our tribe
We promise to pop a whole host of good stuff into your inbox every Wednesday to brighten up your week. Can't say fairer than that now can we?