I thought I had the recipe for the best choc chip cookies ever. And then I stumbled across another one. And I discovered that the secret to melt-in-the-mouth delicious cookies is…. cream cheese. Who knew?! Well, apparently lots of people on Pinterest.
I took both recipes and amalgamated the best bits… et voila. The best things I’ve ever tasted. My boyfriend said they taste just like Ben’s Cookies, so that’s high praise indeed… these cookies are DIRTY.
They don’t flatten and spread like some gooey cookies do – they pretty much bake as they land, leaving the centre really bloody gooey and great. Butter and cream cheese are beaten together, along with brown sugar, caster sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in some flour, bicarbonate of soda, cornflour, salt and chocolate chips and you gots yourself some cookie dough, bitches!
As is the cliche, these tasty little bites go tremendously well with a glass of milk. I’m currently watching QI, and there’s something about Stephen Fry that makes me say words like tremendously, but it’s very true. Go forth and dip thy cookie!
- 110g unsalted butter, softened
- 60g full fat cream cheese
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 380g plain flour
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (170°C for fan ovens) and line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese until nice and light and fluffy. Add both kinds of sugar and beat well.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Sift together the flour, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and then add to the mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Add spoonfuls of the dough to the baking sheets – don't worry too much about spacing them out as the cookies stay fairly solid.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes (keep an eye on them) until they're starting to brown on top.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack (or eat all of them, immediately.)
Join our tribe
We promise to pop a whole host of good stuff into your inbox every Wednesday to brighten up your week. Can't say fairer than that now can we?