Christmas is the drinking holiday. Other than St. Patrick’s Day, there are no other times of the year when drinking during the day is basically sanctioned by law, and the powers that be have handily made a full range of Christmas-specific drinks to help you enjoy the festive season to the utmost. Mulled wine, Baileys, Bucks Fizz and basically anything with cranberry in. That’s where this Christmas Sangria comes in – a little festive update for your favourite summer drink. Mix up a big batch before people arrive for dinner and you’ll have everyone nicely sozzled by the time the starters are done. Isn’t that what Christmas is all about?
- 500ml cranberry juice
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 3-4 tbsp. caster sugar, to taste
- 1 green apple, cut into cubes
- 100g fresh cranberries
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pour the cranberry juice and white wine into a large jug.
- Add the sugar and give it a stir. Taste and add more sugar if required.
- Pop the cranberries, green apple, rosemary sprigs and cinnamon stick into the jug and give it another stir.
- Store in the fridge and serve chilled.
Join our tribe
We promise to pop a whole host of good stuff into your inbox every Wednesday to brighten up your week. Can't say fairer than that now can we?