Our friendships are amongst the most important relationships we’ll form in our lives, and yet we spend very little time thinking about them and understanding whats really going on (in comparison to our romantic attachments). Let’s face it, sometimes our relationships with our nearest and dearest lady-friends can be downright difficult and confusing, and we want to work out why.
In today’s episode, we ask why is the gold standard for female friendships as portrayed in the media a hilarious, supportive group three or four close mates they can confide in with no room for falling out? How do you navigate friendships when you are at different life stages? and finally, what’s behind the intensity of female friendships – why can they be so fragile, and how do you manage that?
Inspiration this week:
- On female friendships – it’s complicated
- The science behind female friendships
- The politics of friendship
- Not every woman has a strong unit of female friends. It’s time to stop feeling guilty about it.
- What Lena Dunham’s Girls can teach us about female friendship
Whack up the volume and get busy! You can listen to the podcast straight away by pressing play on the player above OR by:
- Going to the Episodes page
- Checking out our Feedburner RSS Feed
- Subscribing on iTunes
- Subscribing on Stitcher Radio
- If you are an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch user, you can also listen to our podcasts via their dedicated podcast app – download or stream on the go!
Subscribe….go on…you know you want to!
Let us know in the comments what you think about the episode.
Join our tribe
We promise to pop a whole host of good stuff into your inbox every Wednesday to brighten up your week. Can't say fairer than that now can we?